”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

ON VACATION IN SCOTLAND

EILEAN DONAN CASTLE, SCOTLAND - PHOTO CREDIT HERE

This will be my last post for a couple weeks as Mr. Squareview and I are off to Scotland.  My parents & brothers emigrated from Scotland a few years before my birth and most of my extended family still lives there.  Because of the family, I've been several times throughout the years, but this is Mr. Squareview's first trip.  I'm excited to share one of my favorite places with him. As this will likely not be our last trip to Scotland, we decided to just scratch the surface on this go. We'll be spending just a few days in each Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Aberfeldy.

While its reputation has been improving, Scotland hasn't been well known for its culinary skills.  That said, they do comfort food really well - think FRIED everything.  One of my favorite comfort 'foods' is a pop called Irn Bru.  It is a neon orange disgustingly sweet drink and while there, I intend to consume copious amount of it as you can't really get it in the states.  I'll leave you with this little commercial advertising it. I'd be impressed if you can understand what they are actually saying as there's a lot of slang used, but I think the message is universal.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment