”home””about””blog””shop”

Friday, September 6, 2013

THE LAST OF THE SUMMER FESTS IN CHICAGO


Mr. Squareview is traveling to Monte Carlo this weekend for business.  I know, sounds glamorous doesn't it?  It's actually a pretty brutal trip where he goes from 7 am to 2 am every day having speed dating-like 30 minute meetings with potential clients.  His schedule is so jam packed that he's wondering when he'll actually get to go to the bathroom during the day.  Poor guy. I bring this up because his misfortune is my gain as I have a fun filled weekend planned jam packed with activities!

photo credit: official germanday site 

First up on Friday, Oktoberfest (more accurately described as German American Fest) in my neighborhood.  At the end of every summer, Lincoln Square turns into a mini-Munich as thousand come together to celebrate.  Music, dancing, food, and beer are in great supply all weekend.

It's a fun time and it doesn't hurt that the fest is on my doorstep so the use of the dreaded port-a-potty is off the table.   Prost!


renegade craft fair official site
On Saturday I'm headed to the Renegade Craft Fair.  I've missed the last few summers and I'm looking forward to exploring all the maker's goodies.  If you're not familiar with Renegade, the site describes best.

 A curated indie-craft marketplace showcasing the brightest talents in contemprary craft and design.   Renegade is the first, largest, and most well respected event of its kind and has been a major force in pioneering the way for the booming DIY craft movement since it’s inception.  Following our Chicago debut in 2003, RCF  quickly spread across the US (and “the pond”) and presently hosts events in Austin, Brooklyn, Chicago, London (UK), Los Angeles, and San Francisco.   RCF events attract tens of thousands of people per fair and over 250,000 visitors annually. 

On Sunday, the plan is to hunker down and work on the shop.  I'll be photographing up a storm so I'll share all the behind the scenes in upcoming posts.

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment