”home””about””blog””shop”

Thursday, March 7, 2013

IN THE STUDIO: THE PROGRESSION OF A PROJECT

I thought it would be fun to take a look at the design progression of a project from start to finish.

I was asked by a client to create an art piece for her daughter's nursery.  Nursery/Children's Art is something that I've been thinking about offering since even before I opened the shop, but I hadn't had an opportunity to really flesh out the idea fully.  I'm so glad I could finally pull the trigger.

I'll plan on showing you the design progression of this piece in the coming few weeks.  Let's start with my first pass:




























This is a screen shot of my Ai art board. I knew I wanted to create something girly and fun that highlighted Sophia's name.  I envisioned a piece that surrounded her name in my new favorite modern flowers.  I like how it started but then it was just getting a little busy for my tastes so I took a break and stepped away.  The above is how I left it.

Stay tuned to see the next stage....


No comments:

Post a Comment