”home””about””blog””shop”

Friday, March 22, 2013

MINTIE FRESH: NON PHOTO HOLIDAY CARDS

I know that this post may seem a bit backwards especially after yesterday's Spring has sprung post.  It's still 18 degree F here in Chicago, so sadly this topic feels a touch more appropriate.

I've submitted a few designs to Minted's current  'Tis the Season: Holiday Non-Photo Card Challenge and the Corporate Cheer Business Holiday Card Challege that I wanted to share.

Voting doesn't begin until next week, but I'm hoping the weather will improve and I'll be sharing fun Spring themed designs by then. J

I'm a little enamored with the holly berry illustration that I used in both the Bristow Family Kraft Paper design (I was watching an old episode of Alias when I typed that family name) and the Randolph Partners Design.  

You wouldn't know it from it's simplicity, but I think I spent about 2 hours designing it.  Nudging the berries this way and that and tweaking the leaves so they had just the right amount of whimsy.  Mr. Squareview doesn't know it yet, but that little holly berry will likely be making an appearance in our 2013 cards.

I tried something new and used texture for the first time in a Minted challenge.  I think I'm a fan.  You can see it subtly in Mistletoe (dark green on a darker green) and more pronounced in the crosshatch on Joy.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on utilizing texture in stationery.










As always, if you like what you see, please vote for me - next week.  Happy weekend all!


No comments:

Post a Comment