”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

ANCHORS AWAY!

To me, there really is nothing like the feeling of being at the seaside.  The wind in your hair, the smell of the salt air, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore - it is just so peaceful.  Personally, nothing brings me to my relaxed happy state faster than being close to the sea.

The next logical step would be to bring those peaceful feelings to your space full time through your home decor {clearly, I'm obsessed as I've created an entire  Coastal Living Pinterest Board on the subject }

Why stop at the living room though? How much fun would it be bring the little one's rooms in on the action too?   You could just bring in a touch or go full on pirate mode, depending on you preferences.  The options are really endless.
Image Credits :: Top Row (L to R) - Love the white floors in this one - found here Beautiful pirate themed nursery found here, great DIY from little green notebook Bottom Row (L to R) - beautiful shots of the entire room here, You can buy your very own skipper wheel here and cute anchors here




To make this work, you would have to find the right wall art - I believe the art is the key as it sets the tone for the entire space.  It would definitely have to stay fresh and modern to make sure the little tyke's room didn't look like Long John Silver's abode - unless, of course, that is what you were going for. J 


I thought it would be fun to come up with a piece myself.  Maybe I'll  add a skipper wheel and a sailboat to complete the series. I'd love to hear your thoughts!






No comments:

Post a Comment