”home””about””blog””shop”

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MY NEW FRIEND, ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I wanted to share two things that happened because of my timely acquisition of my new friend, Adobe Illustrator.

  1. I was able to complete two new designs for the newest Minted challenge { you can see them using the link to the right -  if you like what you see, please vote for me } and submitted them with less than 30 minutes to spare!
  2. I was finally able to put a design concept down on "paper" that I'd been mulling over. 

Believe it or not, this design isn't for a Minted challenge { I know, it's shocking J}.  For all intents and purposes, this design is just for practice.  

I wanted to try my hand at the pen tool and am pleased to say, I ended up stumbling my way through it and the results were better than I expected.  For those of you not familiar, the pen tool is pretty challenging.  I used the tool to create the thing that is supposed to look like a baby bottle.  You'd never guess it by looking at it, but that took about an hour of fiddling around to make those curves. Nicole's Classes - here I come!

While I know that there is vast room for improvement, I'm satisfied with my first go.  I'd love to hear what you think!


 { Edited to add } I can't stop myself. I'm now officially obsessed with Illustrator instructional videos on youtube!  You may not be able to see it, but I used a new effect I learned on the words "baby shower" below to make them look like they are beveled (similar to a letterpress technique). Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment