”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

link here for photo credit 
Mr. Squareview and I have a deep affection for New Orleans.  The sights, the sounds, the music, the food, the drinks.... I could go on forever.  It's a town full of charm and tradition.

The one an only time I've spent time in New Orleans for Mardi Gras was because I happened to be there to attend a conference.   It also happened to be 2010 and that conference was book-ended by the Saints Super Bowl win & Mardi Gras.  Wow! It was an experience I wouldn't trade for the world but it was crazy.

We've been down several times before and since, and while there is always a crowd (Halloween is particularly interesting!), the time spent in NOLA between those two joyful events was inexplicable.

I think that Mardi Gras was both my first and last in NOLA, but that doesn't make it less fun to celebrate from afar.  Grab some great food & equally wonderful drink and start your own parade!

Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment