”home””about””blog””shop”

Monday, February 25, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY vol 40

Even though I didn't actually watch the Oscars last night, I watched a couple Oscar nominated films this weekend. Mr. Squareview and I snuggled up on the couch and watched Argo and Beast of the Southern Wild. Dramatically different films, but both were wonderful.

I particularly liked the soundtracks from each film.  Argo's took you back to a particular time and place (who knew that Van Halen's Dance the Night Away was actually that old??) while the soundtrack for Beast of the Southern Wild is mainly made up of original scores written for the film.

Set in southern Louisiana, the moody, languid, almost sweaty compositions really made you feel like you were right there in The Bathtub with the main character Hush Puppy.

There is one, however, that stands out as more uplifting that then others so I just had to share.  Enjoy Once There Was A Hush Puppy.




No comments:

Post a Comment