”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MY LETTERPRESS MACHINE WILL NOT FIT IN MY CARRY ON!

I travel, some may say, a lot. I travel for both work and pleasure.  Last week I found myself in snowy, icy Connecticut for work and this week I’m off to Miami as a tag along for a conference that Mr. Squareview is attending.  In Connecticut, and I’m sure the same will be true in Miami, I found myself alone with some time on my hands.  I try to fill that time in fun ways.  I try to explore as much as possible and I’ve definitely found some wonderful gems along the way. However, this exploration doesn’t really appeal to me when I find myself trapped in the Hilton Garden Inn in Glastonbury, CT without a car.  Hmmm, what to explore? The lobby - 45 seconds, check!  Well that just leaves the TV. 

Now don’t get me wrong…I’m definitely not one of those gals that put down TV watching.  In fact, I would hazard a guess that my DVR show list would put others to shame.  That said, sometimes I just want to watch a show without commercials!
Read a book you say, I do. A lot.  Magazines too.  Those are typically crossed off my list on the plane on the way to my destination. 
So this upcoming Miami trip got me thinking.  How will I while away the hours while Mr. Squarview is stuck in breakout sessions?  Obviously, weather permitting, I’ll hit the pool.  But what if the weather isn't the best? That got me thinking even more...Wouldn’t it be cool if I could somehow do a project on the trip?  Obviously, the letterpress option was crossed of the list pretty quickly (can’t imagine all the L’s accessories are FAA approved J). 
In a previous post, I mentioned that Santa was good to me in a few different crafty departments, my L Letterpress Machine just being one of them.  Others were in the form of some jewelry making tools.  I’ve made some (bad) jewelry in the past and I wanted to take another stab at it.  So what’s a girl to do when there is a Christmas list to write??
Do you think American Airlines allows the Beadsmith KnottingTool on board??

No comments:

Post a Comment