”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

FEATURED: BIKE DESIGN on NICOLE'S CLASSES

I can't tell you how happy I am to have been featured again on the Nicole's Classes blog last week! It is truly an honor to be part of such a great group of students and my teacher, Alma Loveland, is the absolute best.

For this homework assignment, I decided to take another stab at a bike drawing I did for the Stationery & Journal challenge submitted for Minted many months ago.  While I was really proud of the original effort, I knew I could improve it.  I reached into my toolkit and reworked the whole thing from scratch using the techniques I've been learning in class.


Before:



journals - Big City Bike



After:

What do you think? I'm pretty excited to see these side by side.  I can see the improvement in so many areas (just being able to add those wheel spokes - whew, that was worth taking the class on its own!)

So, I guess the message for today is - it's important to revisit the past and see how far you've come. Obviously, this also applies to so many areas in life besides design.  

I'd love to hear how you've come a long way, baby!  Wait, was that seriously from a cigarette ad? Boy, things have come a long way! J

No comments:

Post a Comment