”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

PANTONE SPRING 2013 & CMYK CODES

Apparently, I'm already over the idea of Fall and Winter as I'm already thinking ahead to the Spring 2013 Pantone fashion color report. I guess that happens if you've been thinking about holiday card design ideas since July!

Check out these beauties...

Spring 2013 Fashion Report Colors from Pantone


Anyway... if you've been reading my little blog you'll know that I'm a self taught stationery designer who discovered Adobe Illustrator earlier this year and went into serious withdrawal when my free trial on my third and last computer ran out.  Lucky for me, Ai was permanently added to the family in August.  Woot!

Before the new Ai addition came into my life, CMYK codes had never really factored in. Sadly, my only experience with color coding was using RGB in PowerPoint!  Now, it seems all I think about is CMYK.  So much so, that I'm beginning to appreciate all the CMYK tattoos I've been seeing on Pinterest.

PHOTO CREDIT: Threadless 
PHOTO CREDIT: CHRIS GLASS

As getting a permanent tattoo to show my CMYK love isn't it the cards, I'm so glad Tina Roth Eisenberg was smart enough to include the crop marks/CMYK design for her temporary tattoo shop - Tattly.  So fun!

PHOTO CREDIT: TATTLY DESIGN via FELT & WIRE

So now that you know about my CMYK obsession love, you can't imagine the nirvana I experienced when I realized that Pantone actually supplied the CMYK codes in their color reports!   A - wait for it - MAZING!

Instead of fast forwarding to Spring 2013, I went right back to the Fall 2012 Color Report and gobbled up all those goodies!  Of course, all the other color nerds probably knew all about this, but for those that didn't I had to share.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment