”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

MUSIC MONDAYS vol 7

I know it's Tuesday, but as yesterday was a holiday, I thought I would make an exception.

If you haven't "officially" heard this band before, they may still sound familiar.  I first ran across "Explosions In The Sky" in 2004 while watching the movie Friday Night Lights and they were also featured pretty heavily in following TV series. They now appear to be Hollywood's go to band to bring the emotion to the pivotal "big game" or other sports related sequence in general as I've been hearing them all over the place lately.  Rightfully so, as they truly do evoke some pretty powerful emotions with their beautiful compositions.

Those emotions don't have to stop at sports either as I even used this song during a portion of my wedding ceremony.  It was played live by my string quartet and it was just magical.

It's long, clocking in at just over 8 minutes, but worth every second.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment