”home””about””blog””shop”

Thursday, June 7, 2012

PATRIOTIC WREATH PROJECT Part 1

Mr. Squarview and I bought a personalized wreath hanger {as you may remember from this post} and I've been trying to decorate it seasonally {as you may remember from this post}

I've been wreath-less since I took down the Easter eggs and have been searching for a summer themed replacement idea ever since.  I stumbled upon this post from Resa Likes Colors on how to make patriotic pinwheels.  It looked remarkably straight forward, so I decided to give it a try.



I completed the project yesterday and I love how the pinwheels tuned out.  Here is a preview pic of my supplies.  Stay tuned for a step by step post with all the details.

While I'm happy with the results, I'm not entirely sure if it is something I'd like to leave up for the entire summer. I think by July 5th, it may look a bit tired. So I decided to go on the hunt for something that will last through the rest of the summer.

I've been a bit obsessed with paper straws lately and haven't really had the opportunity to use them yet.  That said, I've been lazer focused on how to use them for a party, not a project.  Another eureka moment and a quick Google search and voila!  A paper straw wreath. Darn, and I thought I was so unique.  Looks like I've got another project on deck!  Mr. Squareview is going to think I'm nuts J




No comments:

Post a Comment