”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

BEER + PANTONE = BEERTONE


                                                             Source: beertone.ch via Squareview on Pinterest


Be still my heart.  Two of my favorite things combined into one.  A Pantone color chart and beer!

You may recall that I'm a big fan of beer.  So when I saw this little beauty on the interwebs, I had to share (check out the site here). It is a common misconception out there that the lighter the color of beer the "lighter" the beer itself.  I wonder if you would find in interesting that a Bud Light and a Guinness have roughly the same calories and Bud Light has more carbs.  I kid you not.  I guess the message here is, if you are looking after your waistline, you're not  stuck with only watered down choices!

Ok, I'll get off my "life is too short to drink crap beer" soapbox now and get back to this nifty little guy. While it doesn't track things like calories or carbs, it does show the CMYK, RGB, HTML, and SRM (the official beer color scale) of each of the beers.  So fun!  What's even better is that they are still taking beer suggestions.  I'm thinking of submitting some selections from my favorite local brews.  Hmm, I wonder if they would do Mr. Squareview's recent home brew.  Off to find out.

Happy Tuesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment