”home””about””blog””shop”

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

CREATIVE LEADERSHIP

I'm still fighting this cold, so instead of posting something original, I'll share an interesting article I found on 99u.  I found it fascinating and really applicable to my job (the one the pays for my mortgage, not my fledgling little studio).  As my once small & entrepreneurial minded firm grows, I wonder if we're at risk to err on the side of hum drum.  Makes a girl think....

Illustration: Oscar Ramos Orozco found on 99u site

Two candidates are being interviewed for a leadership position in your company. Both have strong resumes, but while one seems to be bursting with new and daring ideas, the other comes across as decidedly less creative (though clearly still a smart cookie). Who gets the job? 

The answer, unfortunately, is usually the less creative candidate. This fact may or may not surprise you – you yourself may have been the creative candidate who got the shaft. But what you're probably wondering is, why?

Check out the entire article here.


No comments:

Post a Comment