”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MARDI GRAS WREATH PROJECT


Happy Tuesday!  I've finally recovered for my cold and I'm back to my old self again.  That said, it is going to top out at 2 degrees in Chicago today, so my cold fighting abilities may be put to the test!

I took advantage of the long weekend and finished a project that Mr. Squareview has been begging me to do for over a year.  I custom ordered these beautiful pomanders for our wedding aisle decor and have been struggling to find a second life for them for the last 18 months. Mr. Squareview loves to organize (it boarders on obsession, really).  Half of that organization typically results in a major purge every few months so the fact that these "purple balls" have been taking up valuable storage space has been a point of discussion.  To prevent them being a causality of the purge, I had to find a new use for them so they wouldn't getting tossed.

You may have noticed in my previous posts (here, here and here) that I like me some wreath making, but a plain purple ball wreath just didn't float my crafty boat.  Exactly what would my poor door be celebrating?  So I brainstormed on purple and then it hit me - Mardi Gras! It's super early this year (Feb 12th) so it is definitely the right time to begin celebrating!





































































It's not my best work to date, but I think it turned out cute enough and I got to rescue some of my pomanders from the trash heap.   Happy Mardi Gras, Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment