”home””about””blog””shop”

Thursday, February 9, 2012

CHICAGO Q - TOTALLY RANDOM POST

Ok, I'll admit it right out the gate.  Today's post has little to do with continuation of my mission to get my creative fix on.   The only tie in I could muster was maybe finding the design inspiration in the fab interiors. A stretch, I admit.  That said, I just could not stop thinking about the meal I had last night so I must share the details with the world (or the 2 people who stumble upon this randomly).   Last night, I took some out of town clients to dinner.  There was a large group of us so I didn't want to do anything too formal as I had a feeling we'd be loud (we were J) and I had a craving for BBQ.

Nobody would ever say that Chicago claims to be a BBQ town.  We've got some great rib joints, but nothing compared to the pride that other areas around the country (The Carolinas, Texas, even St. Louis) have in their smoked meat. I stumbled upon Chicago Q and thought, why not.  Glad I did.  Atmosphere - gorgeous.  I honestly wish this place was my house!  All tall ceilings, open spaces, capped off with beautiful bead boarded walls, moulded ceilings and fixtures to die for. Don't even get me started on the bathrooms. So pretty!  Then there was the food.  Oh dear heavens, the food!  Between our large table, I think we literally had one of everything on the menu.  I had the pulled chicken and pork plate with a side of cole slaw that was the size of a head of cabbage. Nummy!  You would never think it was possible after all that food, but we actually ordered desserts. Out of this world! Get the apple cobbler, the cinnamon ice cream tastes like red hots.  All in all, a great time was had by all and every single person walked out with a big smile and a humongous doggy bag.

Speaking of which, I'm heading to the kitchen to eat my leftovers.  Thanks for listening to my randomness!

No comments:

Post a Comment