”home””about””blog””shop”

Friday, February 3, 2012

IS IT POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CHIC SUPER BOWL PARTY?


Throwing parties is one of my favorite things.  I love having my family and friends over to celebrate anything and everything under the sun.  This Sunday, Mr. Squareview and I are hosting our 5th (or 6th, we can't remember) annual Super Bowl and Chili Extravaganza.   As my beloved Bears had a rough year, I don't have a horse in this race so I was originally just planning to be in it for the food, friends and commercials as per usual.  Then, I had an epiphany! Why not take it up a notch and add a bit of crafty love to the gathering. Clearly, I have not discussed this with my other half.  I can see him rolling his eyes from the other room. J

Undeterred by his potential mocking,  I started scanning the interwebs for some ideas.  At first glance, there wasn't much out there.  I guess it's a bit hard to fancy up the football and beer crowd with chic craft creations.  At last, I found some wonderful ideas from Pizzazzerie.  I adore the spoof of the WWII Keep Calm and Carry On sign by katiecompanyprints on etsy... Genius.

Then I found these cute little beer tags.  They would look adorable in our beer bucket.  So, I'm armed with my circle cutter, hole punch, and craft paper on a mission to add some cute to this shindig. Oh the fun we will have! (well, at least the girls will appreciate the effort J)
photo from Pizzazzerie blog

No comments:

Post a Comment