”home””about””blog””shop”

Thursday, August 16, 2012

MINTIE FRESH: BANNERS AND BUNTING





found on Tina Magee Sews Etsy shop

I'm a big fan of bunting and banners of all kinds.  I have yet to use them for a party, but I have some grand ideas of how the right design could add that special touch to any and all of my future soirees.

In fact, I decided a few weeks ago that I'd challenged myself to create some templates (in where else, but Adobe Illustrator!) so I could easily create paper banners for every occasion.  I'm not very great with templates yet, so this was DEFINITELY a challenge...

I guess my timing was pretty serendipitous because the folks at Minted did the heavy lifting for me as they just announced a "Party Decor" challenge!  Minted is expanding their offering to party decor and in this challenge they are asking for banner designs.  If they like what they see, they will ask the winners to also create other party accessories (cupcake toppers, food signs, etc.).

To keep it interesting, they have created a handful of different shapes and I've submitted designs for the scalloped circle and flag so far.  The design deadline is Monday so you can bet I'll be trying out some other shapes between now and then!  J

I wanted to share with you what I've submitted so far.  In each case, I used the dreaded pen tool to draw the duck, grill, & reindeer.  I have to tell you, thanks to the class I'm taking through Nicole's Classes, I'm no longer thinking of it as the "dreaded pen tool".  I'm beginning to think we can be friends.  Maybe.

I'd love to hear what you think of the designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment