”home””about””blog””shop”

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

MINTIE FRESH - LOLLIPOPS AND SUCH

My day job has been a bit of challenge lately so only a quick post today to share two last minute entries to the latest Minted challenge.  

I tend to avoid using the photos for my entries but decided to switch it up when I saw this cutie in the line-up of photos offered.  I had just been experimenting with a technique that removed the lettering from the background to create a deboss effect.  I love how "hello!" lets the photo show through.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice until after the submission deadline that the color I used for the name Garrett Turner wasn't dark enough { I've been trying to be a little more subtle in my color choices and I guess I went a little too far! } 


   personal stationery - Hello Lollipop

For the second entry, I wanted to experiment with two different fonts that intertwined.  Historically, for names and headings I've always used the same font.  Keeping with my theme of switching it up, I thought it would be fun to use two different fonts.  Again, I wished I would have had a little more time to adjust the color of the boarder as it is just a little too light.  Oh, well. Live and learn.   I'd love to hear your thoughts!  


personal stationery - Trellis Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment