”home””about””blog””shop”

Friday, March 30, 2012

CHRISTMAS IN MARCH?

New minted challenge!  I know, it seems like that is all I do anymore (I think Mr. Squareview feels the same way sometimes J), but I'm really loving it!  I literally finished 4 new designs last night which just happened to be on day 30 of my 30 day free trial with Adobe Illustrator.  Nice timing, huh?

Over the last 30 days I've learned a lot from my self taught usage of Adobe Illustrator.  I can see the improvement in my designs due mainly to the the 'tricks of the trade' that I've literally stumbled upon over the last month.  Even though I have very little interest in either wedding party invitations or holiday cards for businesses, I submitted designs for both because I wanted to keep challenging myself.  I liked what I created for each of those challenges much better than what I did for my first challenge -the baby shower invite - which was actually more along my line of interest with the animal silhouettes I used in couple of them. Here are the designs I completed yesterday.

It occurred to me this morning after I checked to make sure that my trial Adobe Illustrator account really had expired (I had to make sure!), what am I going to do now?  I wonder if I can talk Mr. Squareview into sinking the $600+ into buying my own version.  Time to start saving my pennies.  That said, I think I have something in the works that gets me back to my animal silhouette roots.  More to come on that soon.

Along those lines, I mentioned (during my cab ride home J) yesterday that I was hoping to watch the Etsy Symposiums online today.  I missed several that I wanted to see (stupid job responsibilities!) but the good folks at Etsy are posting the recordings here.  Enjoy.

Happy weekend all!

No comments:

Post a Comment