”home””about””blog””shop”

Friday, March 2, 2012

A WHALE OF A TIME

Attempt # 1
I scanned in my freehand whale and went to work.  Lesson number one: if your intent is to scan your drawings, don't draw on lined paper.  Boy of boy, was that a time consuming pain to modify.  I originally attempted to use the cheveron pattern in the whale, but the lined paper got the best of me.

I was watching the USA show White Collar when I was making this so the name was inspired a bit by cutey pie Matt Bomer's character's name in the show. J  I'm definitely still learning as you can see with the different grades of colors within some of the lines.  After all the time I spent on trying to get rid of the paper lines from the scan, I was happy 'enough' with this result.  I would love to hear your opinions on my freshman efforts!


No comments:

Post a Comment