”home””about””blog””shop”

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A BRANDING EXPERIMENT

You may or may not have noticed that I've been making some tweaks to the branding of this site lately.  The first and foremost tweak was to remove my old header entirely and replace it with what you see now.  I've also spent a fair amount of time re-branding my Facebook and Twitter sites (check them out if you're interested using the buttons at right).  I'm still trying to find my sea legs here so bare with me if you see additional switcheroos in the future.  I didn't realize how many things there were to consider when building a brand or identity.  It just STARTS with fonts, a color story, & typography.  This list from there goes on...

I'm also finding that while I really like clean, simple, & modern design, I'm guilty of being a bit heavy handed with the flourish when it comes to my own branding.  It really is an art form to come up with simple that doesn't look simplistic.  I need to take a page from Coco Chanel and do a second take and remove the first piece of design accessory that catches my eye before sending it off into the world.  Easier said than done!

I thought I'd share some of my favorite branding work that I've run across recently.  Which one is your favorite?


Source: behance.net via Emily on Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment