”home””about””blog””shop”

Thursday, September 20, 2012

I HEART THE PARIS COLOR PROJECT

Paris Photography - Vespa, 16x20 French Large Art Prints, White Wall Art
CREDIT: NICHOLE ROBERTSON - FIND THIS IMAGE HERE

Yesterday, I told you about my new camera purchase.  It still sits in it's box but nonetheless, photography has been on the brain today.  So much so, I wanted to share with you the type of work that I one day aspire to produce.

These lovely photos were captured by Nichole from Little Brown Pen and are available in her Etsy shop called The Paris Print Shop.

Here's the story directly from Nichole's interview on EtsyThe photographs in my shop are a happy accident. In January 2009, I moved to Paris with my husband and two young sons. Despite the damp cold and relentless gray, we enjoyed exploring our new neighborhood. One day, I noticed a few objects in a similar shade of red and shot them. As I walked, I found other things I liked in that shade and photographed those as well. When I returned home and uploaded them to my blog, the response was, “more!”

I quickly became obsessed and spent weeks singling out different shades. Searching for colors is a surprisingly democratic process, as it’s just as likely to appear on something spectacular (Notre Dame) as it is on something pedestrian (a trash can). I didn’t question whether the object was famous, old, or important; I just shot it. The serendipitous nature of the process meant that I never had a plan and that was part of the fun.


This happy accident has produced some fabulous work like the ones I'm showing below from Nichole's Etsy shop, but also a book called Paris in Color, published earlier this year.  Can you say perfect holiday gift idea?  You're welcome!

Aren't these color stories absolutely gorgeous?  Personally, I can't decide if I think Orange or Green is more stunning. Which one is your favorite?

Paris Photography Collection, Gray - French Fine Art Photography Art Prints- Paris Decor - Large Wall Art - Urban Home Decor - Modern
FIND THIS COLLECTION HERE

Paris Photography Collection, Yellow -- Paris Art, French Large Wall Art, Yellow Wall Art, Spring
FIND THIS COLLECTION HERE

Paris Photography Collection, Orange, French Art Prints, Paris Decor, Tangerine Large Wall Art
FIND THIS COLLECTION HERE

Paris Photography Collection, Green - French Art Prints -- Paris Art, Spring Green Wall Art
FIND THIS COLLECTION HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment