”home””about””blog””shop”

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

ADDING 'YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE' BUTTONS TO YOUR BLOG

You've seen them everywhere - the suggestions at the bottom of the blog post saying that there are other post on this site that you might also like. I don't know how the little bot does it, but it is generally true - I DO also like!

I've been wondering how I would go about adding those helpful little hits here too, but my laziness prevailed and I never got around to researching.  My obsessive thorough blog reading saves the day again!  In fact, it was a link found on AltSummit's blog which led me to a couple year old Creature Comfort post that gave me the answer.  Unfotunately, I can't link back to the exact post as I'm not entirely sure how I found it.  Rats.

While I can't give as much link love as I'd like and simply send you right to EZ's post, I can tell you what it said.

ADDING "YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE" TO THE BOTTOM OF YOUR POST

It took me all of 23 seconds to complete this task, so no need to hunker down to prepare for a lengthy how-to.  Follow a couple links and viola! You're done.

STEP ONE::

  • Go to the site LinkWithin here
  • Fill out the highlighted section with your blog's general stats & click 'get widget'



STEP TWO::
  • Click the Install Widget link below.

STEP THREE::

  • This will bring up the Add Page Element info box shown below.  You click Add Widget and you're done.  If you use Blogger like me, you can then drag the new widget from the column where it is added by default and instead put it under your post if you'd like.   



Check out my new suggestions below.  Like I said, I don't know how the little bot does it, but I sure do like his style.


No comments:

Post a Comment